Sunday, March 09, 2008

Lisa Marie Presley: Harassed Into Revealing Pregnancy

Dear Lisa Marie,

I must confess that I have not done any research into your contention that you have been so harassed about your "expanding physique" that you had to reveal that you were pregnant, but I have to say I'm not impressed. Do you really not have sufficient self-esteem to ignore people who don't know what they're talking about when they say that you're fat and you know that you're pregnant? I mean, the media has been around for your whole life--I would hope that you would have control of your own reality by now. And what about Angelina Jolie and J. Lo? Both got bigger, both were the subject of immense speculation, both stayed quiet. But wait, both are real stars, and you...um, maybe not. Could it be that the problem is your own anxiety about your celebrity status and your relationship to the media?

Oh well, best of luck with the baby and all that.

Take care,
Becca

No comments: