Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Not Quite Worth Blogging

- The disgusting pit that is my house.

- The even more disgusting pit that is the toy cabinet under the windowseat.

- The Valentine with a bible verse (John 3:16) that M received from a classmate.

- The Valentine PRESENTS that E received from the other kids at her sitter. Since when did Valentine's Day become Christmas?

- The snowdrops in my garden that are giving me global warming heebie-jeebies, rather than anticipatory spring thrills, even though for all I know the snowdrops arrive in the middle of February every year.

- M and E's argument about whether the things you walk on that make you taller are stilts or skilts.

- Red State Governor's appalling budget which includes cutting the prescription drug benefit for the poor and homeless (yeah, lots of mentally ill homeless people off their meds, just what Red State needs) and making people pay $25 to apply for free legal assistance (the illogic of that one just hurts my brain: it's not going to do anything for Red State's finances, as they won't pay it because they don't have it so the fee won't bring in any income, and then they won't have lawyers, so they'll be that much more likely to go to jail, which means the state will have to pay the cost of housing them in jail--and then, of course, there's the fact that it's profoundly unethical).

Actually, that last one is worth blogging, but I'd have to link to Red State Capital City Newspaper, and ultimately all I really have to say is the same thing we've been saying for the last 25 years: What the hell is wrong with these people?!

2 comments:

thatgirl said...

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

That's from memory. From the six-month dabbling into Bible study my Mom ventured into, dragging me along, when I was 12. To this day it's the only Bible verse I know.

Enjoy the snowdrops. :) The science of global warming isn't universally accepted.

rachel said...

Hi,
This is a good post. It gives me the information I was in search of.

Thanks.