Saturday, April 09, 2005

Charles and Camilla

Come on, CNN, give them a break. Was this lead really necessary?

The heir to the British throne Prince Charles has married Camilla Parker Bowles, the woman blamed by many for destroying his marriage to the late Princess Diana.

And Camilla, great hat!

Edited to add: OK, I caved and downloaded the footage of the end of the blessing and them leaving the church. He looked his usual godawful self, but she looked lovely, appropriate, and happy--I say if they still want to be together after all these years and all this mess, more power to them. I also say that William and Harry definitely won the royal genetic lottery, and American weddings should require hats.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm just impressed that you have dinner parties. It sounds so grown ups. I bet you didn't eat delivery pizza either.