Saturday, June 25, 2005

She's Baaaaack

This time I really did almost stop blogging. For a lot of reasons.

I got out of the habit.

I don’t want this blog to become a diary, and I’m a bit narcissistically preoccupied these days.

A big piece of my blog identity was alienation in Red State and now I’m alienated in Blue State which just seems too screwed up even to address (though it’s a different kind of alienation: there I was alienated in the macro and at home in the micro; here I’m at home in the macro and alienated in the micro).

I have too much to say and nothing to say.

But writing anchors me, especially when I’m at my most disequilibrious. And I don’t start work for a while, so I will need some discipline, as well as something that reminds me that I’m me, not just stay-at-home summer mom of squabbling girls.

So I might as well blog.

Though I’m not going to promise every day. (Especially for the immediate future, because we are in internet hell--the attempt at DSL was a total bust, so in a fit of rage I cancelled it and signed up for cable which, just our luck, can’t be hooked up for another week, so I’m schlepping the laptop with wireless card to the café, but I haven’t figured out how to make Eudora send email on this network and I hate my webmail program, so if I owe you email, you’re still going to have to wait…)

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Wheeeeeeeeeee! Welcome back to the internets...

Hope settling in goes smoothly.

Anonymous said...

Please keep blogging. Dawn sent me your way and I have really enjoyed reading your blog.

Best!
Margaret

Libby said...

Just dropping in to say, Hi, Becca. I'll keep reading whenever you're here. And I'll try to update mine every now and then, too.