Saturday, September 24, 2005

Dan Shaughnessy Says It All

Roger Angell was always my favorite baseball writer. But over the last few years, I've become quite the Dan Shaughnessy fan. Sports writing can be so incredibly bad: a veritable pile-up of mediocre cliches. But it can also be so good. Bud Collins is great (check out those pants). George Vecsey (damn Times Select). There was one I used to love at the San Francisco Chronicle.

Anyway, Dan captures the mood in Red Sox Nation. Looking grim, but then again, we're talking about the Red Sox. And yes, I know they won last night, but still, we're talking about the Red Sox.

I am so not up for the possibility of FOUR series to make it to the end (if next weekend's series against the Yankees matters, which presumably it will--I mean, they can't fall to 3 1/2 games behind between now and Friday, can they? Then again, they are the Red Sox.)

No comments: