Friday, September 09, 2005

Random Friday Thoughts

The great accomplishment of E's first week of school is monkey bars. I am especially proud that both my daughters can do monkey bars, as I couldn't do monkey bars if you paid me, and never could.

When I picked up M today, she said that school was "AWESOME!" and afterschool was "Great!"

Who the hell is Sufjan Stevens and why is he all of a sudden everywhere?

I know what my next hardcover purchase is going to be. I have to finish something that's been hanging over me by September 12, and it comes out September 13. A perfect reward!

Don't know if there will be much blogging this weekend, due to said finishing...

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Oh, THANK YOU for the news about Zadie Smith's new novel. I am so woefully out of the loop that I hadn't even known about it. This, combined with the fact that Louise Erdrich has a new book just released, is welcome news indeed.