Friday, October 28, 2005

Lies

What is perjury? It's lying. Not telling the truth. Saying something that you know is wrong. It's what Scooter Libby apparently did.

I read the indictment, all 22 pages of it. It's right there. The first charge: Libby told the Grand Jury that 1) Tim Russert asked if he knew that Wilson's wife worked at the CIA; 2) he said he didn't know; and 3) Russert told him that all the reporters knew. According to the indictment, 1) Libby did not discuss Wilson or his wife with Russert; and 2) Libby did know. There's more, of course, five counts worth, though only two are perjury, but I'd say that's good enough, right there.

If M did this to me, I would send her to her room. If I did this to my boss, I would get fired. If Libby did this to the Grand Jury (and I know, it's an indictment, not a conviction, but it's a pretty convincing indictment--well-written too), he should go to jail.

Sorry, Kay Bailey Hutchison, this is not "some perjury technicality." This is bullshit.

No comments: