Sunday, November 27, 2005

Another Round

Oh, we're playing the bad mother game? Awesome. I'll go first.

When we got home from brunch at S's restaurant and the Museum My Children Love That I Find More Boring Than Standardized Tests (and which I only agreed to go to when they said I could buy a magazine and read while they played, though I didn't really read much, but I didn't play with them either), I let M watch TV for the rest of the day, while E played her Clifford computer game upstairs and then played Spider Solitaire (easy version) on my laptop in front of the TV, and I fed them popcorn and soup and noodles and frozen peas in front of the TV and the computer, and really I did all this not because M had a tiny fever, though she did, or because E was worn out from Thanksgiving weekend socializing, though she was, but because I just wanted to read the paper and clean the house in peace.

No comments: