Sunday, November 06, 2005

The Ethics of Blog Reading

Lately I've been reading the blog of someone I know who doesn't know I'm reading her blog. She doesn't even know I know she has a blog. I see her quite often. I don't know why I don't tell her. Somehow, to have her know that I have been reading it without her knowing seems even more embarassing than the act of telling her that I'm reading. Plus I don't want to tell her that I have a blog, and somehow not telling her about my blog, if she knows that I know about her blog, seems even more duplicitous than not telling her I know about her blog. Did you follow that?

At any rate, it makes me wonder if there's anyone out there who knows me and is reading my blog even though I don't know it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Me, me! I love your blog, Becca. I'm the classic blog lurker. If I had my own blog, it'd either have to be about the misadventures of 1. a first-time single home-owner or 2. a first-time internet dater or 3. a somewhat clueless post-academic.

But at least we've escaped the midwest!