Thursday, March 27, 2008

Looking Ahead

Dear T.S.,

The last few months have been pretty cruel. I know you were just describing, not creating (I mean you were creating and all, though you had your derivative moments, but you weren't making it happen), but now that you're up there with the big guy, if there is one, and if you're up there, which you might not be, given the anti-semitism thing and the mistreatment of the first wife thing, but, anyways, if there's anything you can do, could we please have an April that's a little less cruel?

Thanks,
Becca


Dear Chaucer,

You know the shoures soote thing? Well, we've had an awful lot of 'em already, so maybe April could keep his to himself? (And if you buy me a drink, I'll give you the first 18 lines.)

Much appreciated,
Becca


Dear Mr. Browning,

I would love to be in England once April's there, but, alas, M is going without me. However, I'd take Paris. So I'm wondering, between you and Liz, there must still be some serious royalties rolling in. Could you spot me a loan for April vacation?

Anxiously awaiting your reply,
Becca

1 comment:

jackie said...

Yes please, on the less-cruel April.