Thursday, May 01, 2008

Bat Mitzvah Travails

We can't possibly be the only people in our corner of the Greater East Coast Big City Area who want to have more than 100 people at a bat mitzvah and refuse to have it in a hotel. There must be a pretty place with nice food that seats 140 people (no tent, we're talking early April), only we can't seem to find it.

I've always been a firm believer in the more the merrier. We were inviting people to our wedding up till the day before. When in doubt, invite. Better to have all the people you love and just serve cake, than a select few and a four-course meal.

Except maybe not, if you can't find a place to fit them all.

I think we're down to two options. Town Hall, which would mean a caterer and renting tables and probably a band, because there's a stage, so you need something on the stage, so you might as well have a band--oh my god, this is a bat mitzvah for god's sake, this is ridiculous...but could be lots of fun--or cutting back the list dramatically and going for our original plan: the fabulous restaurant on the corner where we know the chef and wouldn't have to do a thing except say "great food, please" for about 3/4 of our closest friends...

2 comments:

Libby said...

well, I'd go with option two myself,but that's because crowds stress me out.

Libby said...

btw I just tagged you for a meme. It's on the tortoiselessons blog.