Wednesday, August 27, 2008

To Do

There is What I Have To Do. There is What I Want To Do.

I think I will do what I have to do, and then I will do what I want to do.

Only I don't want to do what I have to do.

So I read novels and play WordTwist.

I want to read novels, only they are not What I Want To Do. And they are certainly not What I Have To Do. I enjoy reading the novels, but I feel guilty.

Let's not even talk about WordTwist.

I always do what I have to do when it needs to be done, but by that point, there's no time for what I want to do.

Some people say it's because I have too much to do. Which is true.

Except for the novels and WordTwist.

I thought I would catch up at the beginning of the summer and then I would have the summer. Only I'm still not caught up.

1 comment:

Libby said...

Ah, I know whereof you speak. And for me, even the novels have been falling by the wayside.

So are you asking me to stop enabling?