Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Chocolate Cake and Waffles

I'm tempted simply to blog again about the Chocolate Guinness Cake because it was just that good (Elisabeth, I linked to the recipe somewhere in there, I think on easy). I may have mentioned before that we are big bakers but not big eaters. A chocolate cake can sit on the counter for five days and then get thrown out, after we've eaten our initial few slices. As this is a horrendous fate for a chocolate cake, we have come to know our limitations and as soon as the cake (or brownies or cookies) is baked, at least half is sliced off and delivered to neighbors. But I so regret the 1/3 of the Chocolate Guinness Cake that I gave to S and F, because we're now down to about two square inches of cake, and we all want more!

And on a food-related note, I'm finding E's waffle-eating technique quite disturbing. E loves frozen waffles. Usually she has two. First she eats a frozen one (yes, frozen, she's weird, deal with it, we do). Then she has another, toasted with butter and cinnamon-sugar and cut into fourths "like a pizza," as she reminds us each time. She arranges the four pieces on the plate and decides which is the kitty, the baby, the mommy, and the daddy (sometimes there's a sister--I haven't tracked the frequency of the sister's appearance alongside her shifting feelings about M). Then she talks to her waffle as she eats it: "Ok, time to eat daddy so he can go hang out with the baby," and "I'm going to eat you now, kitty." Am I wrong to feel apprehensive about future familial homicidal instincts?

And in blog news, D, of our best friends K and D, has started blogging which I must crow about since D spends a lot of time teasing me for basically everything I do. But he's smart and should be running the country, so it will probably be worth reading, if you're into the political end of things (though who knows, they're off to San Francisco today, so he could start writing about Meyer Lemon Drops at any moment).

1 comment:

Libby said...

thanks for tipping me off to the link!