Thursday, December 15, 2005

Good Things

- my purple (fake) pashmina

- my orange kitchen

- holding a sleeping child in your arms, knowing that even though she feels bad, you're making her feel a tiny bit better

- Prep (someday I'm going to write about how incredibly good this novel is, not that it's an original thought, but right now I'm just trying to get something positive up here, not engage in substantive literary criticism)

- the fact that Monty Python has a record called Monty Python's Previous Record

- M's friends (last night she went out with E's family to celebrate E's birthday at the Indian restaurant on the corner and the fancy restaurant on the other corner where E's mom works; today she walked home from school with E and M; now she's going over to play with S)

- bakeries

- a washer and dryer in your own home (we've had that for many years, but one forgets to appreciate it until a little girl throws up in one's bed at 5:30 in the morning)

- knitting

- six more days

3 comments:

thatgirl said...

You know what? I didn't like Prep. I expected to, and I read it and read it till I finished it -- meaning, it was quite a page-turner. But when I finished it I felt really let down. I don't know, exactly. It was well written, sort of, just wasn't something I have residual good feelings about.

jackie said...

my kitchen is orange too!

Anonymous said...

I wish you would write about Prep. I have not been so personally connected to a literary character in years. I am having such a personal reaction to this book that I can probably never write about it. But, I would be most grateful to read your response to it. I like Prep so much I just want to tell the who world about it. Thank god for airport bookstores.

Best!
Margaret