Thursday, December 15, 2005

One Last Thing

Thanks to M. (the blog reader, not my daughter) for her comment on what it feels like to be 14 and want to kill yourself. Those are certainly feelings I recognize. There are two things, though, that kept me from ever going from depressed to suicidal. One was my overwhelming fear of death. The other was the feeling that there were always more books to read, and the worst case scenario would be to just abandon the world altogether and sit in a room by myself and read. Of course now that I write that down, it sounds completely ridiculous as a practical option, but somehow the idea of it sustained me.

[Apologies if you came here from Dawn, thinking you were going to learn something about a sick kid. She threw up twice this morning and she has a fever, but it's nothing dramatic. And really, I promise, I'm not obsessed with suicide.]

No comments: