Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Hit Brit Chick Licks

Like the mass media lemming that you know me to be, I am alternating between Amy Winehouse and Lily Allen in the car (remember? the new car? with the CD player?!). I'm not sure they'll still be on the playlist a year from now, but at the moment they're plenty fun. I'm also not sure I have anything to add to the general consensus (you can google yourself--oh, what the hell, here's Pitchfork on Winehouse and Allen). Winehouse is indeed a big-voiced soul/jazz belter, and Allen is a bopping party-pop ska girl. Right now I'm favoring Allen: I like the juxtaposition of the bouncy beats and the break-up lyrics. But then I put on Winehouse and get pulled into her torrents of sound. I figure they'll be the primary rotation until I get hold of the new Wilco album. Then all bets are off.

No comments: