Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Camp

The girls are in camp this week.

M is going all day to a theater and art camp. When I got home yesterday she told me about every scene in their pirate skit, and the country they are designing, and how she is the only nine year old in her group, and that she likes Z and K best of the kids in her group, and she doesn't really like her small group for designing the country but it's ok, and she's the only kid who answers the teachers' questions.

E is going to soccer camp for two hours every morning. She said that she made a friend, but she doesn't know her name. She said they didn't play soccer, they just played kick-the-ball games. She said the games were boring so she and her friend didn't play, they just stood on the side and talked, and the teachers didn't notice. She said all this with great glee.

My basic philosophy for school, camp, and other such activities is if my kids are happy, I'm happy.

I'm happy.

Though I do feel really sorry for E's teachers.

No comments: