Monday, July 11, 2005

A Huge Shout Out to M

for being the best, most helpful, most responsible big sister/cousin ever while I single-handedly wrangled her, her sister, and their almost-five-year-old cousin for a day and a night. She organized games, told stories, negotiated conflicts, held hands, dug holes in sand, and, most uncomfortably, sat squinched in the backseat between the two booster seats. She was endlessly cheerful and never lost her patience or got angry (though she did whisper to me that having four-year-old twins would be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad thing).

She well deserves going up to the lake early this morning with daddy to spend the day alone with grandma while daddy goes fishing. E and I will be heading up this afternoon, after my sister comes to pick up L. I'll be blogging again sometime around the end of the week.

1 comment:

jackie said...

"though she did whisper to me that having four-year-old twins would be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad thing"

My girls are 3 year old twins, and it's no picnic over here either!:)