Tuesday, February 05, 2008

The Last Minute

Heading out to vote early, I was suddenly seized with indecision.

OK, I just was laying out my indecision, and even I got bored, so I deleted it. I know what I'm going to do, later, I think, and I know my reasons, but I'm suddenly struck again by how complicated it is, for all the reasons that everyone has been saying that I'm not going to repeat here. It's a good kind of complication, especially given how many people are arguing and thinking and voting, but it's still hard to walk into that polling booth and actually make the mark. For me, at least, today.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope that after today when you have to make a mark, you have a little more clarity and less indecision. It's a good thing I don't have to vote for a month because I'm feeling a little less than clear on this whole thing also.

Dawn said...

On the one hand, totally jealous you're a part of super tuesday. On the other hand, I'm also ridiculously conflicted.

Libby said...

did you see Stanley Fish on Hillary-hating recently? That one really got to me.

We don't vote until next Tuesday...typical Virginia, just a bit behind the curve!