Monday, May 09, 2005

The Rest of My Mother's Day Presents

M's essay:

If I entered my mom in a Mother of the Year Contest she would probably win. I think she would win because she takes my sister and me to lots of fun places. Also she would win because she has lots of cool accomplishments like [accomplishments omitted to preserve privacy]. Last, my mom would win because she's an overall great mom. That's what I would tell the judges.

My mom would compete against all mothers at [M's] School. Her prize would be free maids.


M's poem:

My mom makes my lunch and dinner,
Does my laundry,
Helps clean my room.
She's barely ever mad
But always listens.


My favorite thing is the last two lines of the poem. In fact, I get mad all the time, but it's nice to know that when push comes to shove (or the teacher is looking over her shoulder), that's not what she thinks about.

No comments: