Thursday, May 26, 2005

Table Manners

I'm not asking for much. I'm fine with elbows on the table. If you ask to be excused, you don't have to hang out until everyone else is finished. Certainly you may speak without being spoken to. Really, it's not the gulag over here. Just a few simple requests:

1) Sit on your chair while you eat.

2) Use your fork, not your fingers.

3) Do not talk with your mouth full.

How hard can it be? Really? Look at me. I do all three--at once. See? I'm sitting on my chair, I'm putting the food in my mouth with a fork, then I'm chewing it all up before I speak. You can do it too, really, you can.

And if you did, just imagine how much more pleasant dinner would be, WITHOUT ME CONSTANTLY NAGGING YOU TO SIT IN YOUR CHAIR, USE YOUR FORK, AND NOT TALK WITH YOUR MOUTH FULL.

[In more pleasant meal-time news, E likes pesto!!!]

No comments: