Monday, May 23, 2005

Why didn't anyone tell me

that they're doing a remake of The Pink Panther with STEVE MARTIN (as Inspector Clouseau), KEVIN KLINE, and Beyonce?! (Sorry, Beyonce, no caps for you, because, well, you're just no STEVE MARTIN or KEVIN KLINE.) If it's as funny as the preview, well, we'll be as super-pleased as we were with the originals. Unfortunately, too often movies these days put all their jokes into the preview and then fall flat. (God, do I sound old and bitter, or what?!)

Also saw the preview for the infamous Angelina/Brad vehicle Mr. and Mrs. Smith and, you know, it kind of looked good too. I swore off action movies after Face/Off. Yeah, I did. I'm ok with relevant violence, but I just decided I was over gratuitous violence. But I might just go see this one.

Shoot, there was another preview too, one that did not impress, in fact, did not impress enough that I've now forgotten what it was. Oh well.

And the movie? Monster-in-Law. I know. What was I thinking? I just like romantic comedies, I can't help it. It really was pretty lame, though, especially the romantic part with J. Lo and the guy. But Jane Fonda and Wanda Sykes were quite hilarious in the comedy part. And Jane looked both her age and damn good. So not a total waste of an early evening.

No comments: