Monday, February 13, 2006

Olympics 2: A Few Observations

Except for Kelly Clark (is anyone else thinking Kelly Clarkson each time they hear her name?), the women snowboarders simply aren't as good as the men. But Kelly Clark? My god! OK, Gretchen Bleiler wasn't bad either. (I missed Hannah Teter. But that won't stop me from making definitive claims.)

I just can't stand that Polish figure skating pair. M keeps saying the woman is pretty, but I think they're awful.

I miss the old skating scoring system. I mean, I'm glad it's not corrupt any more and all that, but I liked being able to measure the scores against each other and knowing what the top was: 6 for skating, 10 for gymnastics, whatever it is for diving.

The skiers were scaring me even before the crashes.

In fact, way too many of these winter sports are way too insane.

I think my favorite event so far was the 30 km cross-country race yesterday: exertion, tedium, and drama all at once.

It's only been three days and already I'm sick of the ads. At least they don't have so many of those damn profiles, though.

1 comment:

parodie said...

Did you see the luge crashes? Those made me wince as much as the skiing. And the Chinese woman was insane. Eeek! I hope today's sports are less painful to watch.