Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Olympics 3: Johnny Weir and the Ads

I heart Johnny Weir. Loved the profile, loved the routine.

As for the ads: love the Chevy ad with the frozen S guy; love the ad with the two guys, the bear, and the beer; hate hate hate the damn Visa ads with the sappy scenes from a life and the words, just hate them.

[I guess I'm having a blogging kind of day. But now I really am done. Because I already know what happens to Bode because I caught a glimpse of it on CNN even though I tried not to look. What can you say? Kelly Clark was better than everyone else too. I hate it when the announcers talk about personal medals, because there's no such thing, but they know they were better, and that must count for something.]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hate hate hate the VISA ads, too. "Life takes Visa?" My a**. Yes, in order to have poignent moments in one's life, one has to overextend oneself financially and pay seven times as much as if you bought it w/cash!

Sorry, it just hit a never with me.

Anonymous said...

Jeez, so much of a nerve that I can't spell. Poignant and nerve, not poignent and never. Thank you.