Thursday, June 29, 2006

It's Only June

And I am always negative, as S pointed out, angrily, when we had a genuine huge fight last weekend over whether to be excited about the Red Sox winning eight in a row. I pointed out that six of those wins were against the Braves and the Nationals, which just isn't something to crow about. And I made some points about the Yankees and the Tigers and the White Sox, and he made some counterpoints about the Yankees and the Tigers and the White Sox, and K got kind of uncomfortable, because we really were having a genuine huge fight about the Red Sox (though of course it was about some other things too, even though we were only talking about the Red Sox).

But now it's twelve in a row. And we've climbed up the ladder of the NL East, sweeping them all.* And we've just beaten the METS three times in a row. And the Yankees are four games out. And there's David Ortiz. And Coco Crisp's catch. And not a single error in sixteen games. And David Ortiz. And twelve in a row.

And it's only June. It's only June. But still.


*I know, we didn't play Florida, but I liked the way it sounded, so I figured I could slip it in.

No comments: