Monday, June 05, 2006

Sisterly Scrambled States of America

M's absolute top-notch first-rate favorite game these days is Scrambled States of America. She and G play it daily for hours (which makes it incomprehensible to me that she does not know her capitals, but quizzing her on our walk home from Town Center today proved that she does not, so there will be much studying before next week's all-USA states test). She taught me to play, and it is quite fun. And as I type, she is teaching E to play, which is the cutest thing ever, because the game involves significant amounts of reading, so M has to read for herself and E, and she has to be patient and let E figure things out, and E is so excited to be playing M's favorite game with her, and it is just a lovely moment of sisterly specialness, and I am appreciating it.

Edited to add: E just won! And she is ecstatic. And M said, "I let her win," and I said, "I know you did, and that was very nice of you," and I said to E that she should thank her sister for teaching her to play, and E said "Thank you!"

2 comments:

landismom said...

That's really sweet! I had a similar experience last week where my daughter was teaching my son how to play bingo, and letting him win. He was so proud to be playing a game with her, and she was so happy to be able to read to him, it was just adorable.

Phantom Scribbler said...

Awwwww. This really is adorable.

And that game will be on our shopping list as soon as LG gets around to this whole "reading" business he's heard so much about. Thanks for the tip.