Friday, June 02, 2006

Popsugar and Me

[Should that be Popsugar and I?]

Popsugar is having a baby, as we speak. Bully for her and I hope all goes well, healthy baby, healthy mother, and all that.

BUT.

I am bereft. I am without my fix. I am checking regularly, to see if the baby has been born, but also in hopes that once the baby is born, she will get back to it. Immediately. Or at least find herself an intern.

For a while, several months ago, I had half a dozen gossip sites bookmarked, but then I realized that they pretty much have the same gossip, plus they all link to each other, so there is no point in going to all of them. I cut back to one: Popsugar.

Even though everyone else appears to love him, I find Pink Is the New Blog visually unbearable, and thus unreadable. At Perez Hilton, the ratio of Perez to real celebrities is way too high. I have Gawker moments, but for a regular relationship, there’s just too much snark, plus the New York focus leaves out a lot. Too many words at Defamer. Jossip is too media-centric. A Socialite’s Life is OK, but I only discovered it after I’d pledged my troth to Popsugar. Etc.

So why Popsugar? Because she posts a lot, she has lots of good pictures, she does good links to other sites but also to the tabloids and magazines which she quotes liberally, she has a personality, she’s into Britney and Madonna. She just works for me. And I miss her!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

POPSUGAR IS BACK!

Anonymous said...

POPSUGAR IS BACK