Thursday, May 18, 2006

What I Think About Paul and Heather Splitting Up

First of all, I think it's sad. After spending 30 years with Linda, Paul has certainly proven himself a faithful, marriage-focused kind of guy, so this is not your usual celebrity serial split. Who wants to be 60-something and divorced with a two year old? Not fun.

Second, I think Stella is one happy daddy's girl.

Third, I think blaming it on the media is ridiculous. Need I say more?

Fourth, I think that it would be absurd, not to mention appalling, for them to fight over money. We're talking OVER A BILLION DOLLARS. Just give her a few hundred million. What possible difference could it make?

A few links: Paul's repeated exhortations to leave them alone and not believe the lies; the trashy version from the Sun that says Paul walked and she's devastated; a Bridget Jones tease from The Independent, along with the solemn money article (but really, you shouldn't need links from me, this story is everywhere).

[Mom, I'm talking about Paul McCartney and his much younger second wife who are separating. You know, the Beatle.]

[And just for the record: I have no thoughts at all about The Da Vinci Code. Haven't read the book, not interested in seeing the movie, don't care if it was plagiarized, and that's all she said.]

1 comment:

postacademic said...

I dunno, maybe they shouldn'tve married in the first place? Because he wouldn't know how to date after 30 years of marriage - so he'd get married rather than hang out and just enjoy Heather's company. And if they'd just dated, then Stella could have cooled her jets, and if things didn't work out, than this could have been a break up rather than a divorce. But heck: why listen to the voice of reason?