Monday, January 07, 2008

Tomorrow

I predict McCain and Obama. And I'm just about ready to drink the Obama Kool-Aid. My rationale? One of the worst of the many terrible things Bush has done over the last seven years is ruin our global reputation; electing Obama would be a step toward restoring it, on a symbolic basis, at least, and hopefully on a practical basis as well. (Other factors: I'm impressed by the turn-out and voters he drew in Iowa; the policy differences between Edwards, Clinton, and Obama aren't enough to make me feel strongly--if I were strictly voting my politics, I'd have to go with Kucinich, and that is not going to happen [sorry, Mom, but you knew that]; Edwards' histrionics are starting to make me trust him less; Hillary...well, I have that feminist ambivalence to some degree, but I just don't like the poll-watching opacity of her politics, as I've said before.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I drank the kool aid yesterday. I tear up every time I read "the farmer folks in Iowan picked the black guy from Chicago." Even if it doesn't reallybreak down like that, he did something important in Iowa. People who were at the caucus are reporting that 25 year olds came out big to support their guy. Whatever happens, it means something. And, as you say, I think the differences among the three main contenders are minor.

Dawn said...

I could pretty much say what you said but not as nicely said.

Kelly said...

and I'll fall right in line with all of that, too.

I was accused last night of jumping on the winning band wagon. Could be. Maybe. But I don't think so. Or is it just that more is being revealed?

Libby said...

Me, too. That internet "who's your candidate" quiz that a lot of folks linked to a while back had me with Dodd first, then Kucinich, then the big three in a dead heat. So Dodd's out and Kucinich is, well, Kucinich...and I've just never been able to find Hillary at all compelling. Edwards' best asset is his wife, as far as I'm concerned, so I'm going with the guy who is turning out young voters, unaffiliated voters, folks who never thought they'd vote... Naive? Maybe. Exciting? Yes.