Thursday, March 30, 2006

Happy Birthday Madison!

When Madison was born, I was annoyed that I was in Paris. Isn't that appalling? And spoiled? And obnoxious? And just about any other negative adjective you can come up with? But it's true, as those who read my Paris journal will recall (sorry, no link, it's not online, but if you know me and you email me, I will send it to you) (but I don't think it mentions Madison).

We were living in London and I had a ton of work and we had plans to go to Paris so we went to Paris but really I just wanted to stay in London and work. Paris ended up being lovely, but one of the things that made me able to appreciate the loveliness was that on maybe our third day there, I stayed in our hotel room and worked while S and the girls went out and enjoyed Paris. Yes, indeed, I did, and I had a great day, and at the end of the day I decided to reward myself with a trip to the internet cafe to check my email. Yes, I am a hopeless geek: working in a hotel room in Paris makes me happy and I consider email a reward (but hey, I was in Europe, which was a very good thing, but all my friends were in America, which meant email was crucial to my sanity).

So I went to the internet cafe and I don't remember if I read Dawn's blog or if she had sent an email, but I discovered that Madison had been born. Every day after that, M and I went to the internet cafe to find out if Dawn and Brett had taken Madison home. When they did, I think I cried. Then we went to our favorite children's clothes store (yes, we were in Paris one week and we had a favorite children's clothes store) and bought Madison an adorable summer outfit.

So now I always associate Madison's birthday with spring and Paris, and those are two very good things, three if you count Madison.

Happy Birthday Madison! We love you and we can't wait to see you very soon!

2 comments:

Deb said...

Hi Becca--

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! If you get a chance, could you drop me a line at debblog@gmail.com? I wanted to tell you something off-blog.

Deb

Dawn said...

You made me choke up!!! And I've got that little tangerine outfit put away -- Madison still looks pretty fab in orange!!