Wednesday, March 01, 2006

The Paris Shows

Not that fashion matters. And not that by choosing to follow fashion in my own desultory kind of way I'm not aware of my complicity in the problematic gender implications of it all--oh what the hell, let's just come out and say the misogyny of it all (OK, I think that sentence is messed up, but I really wanted the repetition of the "Not that," only then I got all confused about where the negative lies, but I wasn't willing to give up, so I just went with it). But these articles are totally scary, though it's kind of nice to see men calling other men on their shit for once.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gack! I've never been interested enough to look at fashion stuffs so I'm pretty ignorant here, but that stuff was scary. This chill ran up my back and I'm thinking, "They really DO hate women, don't they?"