Thursday, March 16, 2006

Irish Stuff

I was wondering why I’ve been getting so many hits for Chocolate Guinness Cake. Then S pointed out tomorrow’s date. Of course.

Then we were talking about the Pogues. Who have been prevalent lately. And I said that I’d never actually heard the Pogues. (Often, in the case of music, I have heard of when I haven’t actually heard.) An hour later he put some music on and I said, hey, that sounds like Irish punk, that must be the Pogues. And it was.

This story tells you some things about my husband. 1) Music is his absolute passion, second, barely, to me, M, and E (and, really, sometimes first). 2) Any music that comes up in conversation, we own (or rather, he owns). And chances are good we own it on vinyl. And if we don’t own it, he finds it. 3) He is wildly thoughtful of me in a most personal way.

We also compared Pete Doherty and Shane McGowan, conclusion being that Shane has survived because it’s just alcohol, and we still think Pete will die.

Oh, and I liked the Pogues. But I think, after all that, that I had heard them.

2 comments:

landismom said...

Hey that sounds like my husband (the vinyl-owning, not the passion for you).

thatgirl said...

"and we still think Pete will die."


I quite involuntarily snorted, a very messy snorty laugh, when I read this.

I just wanted you to know that.