Monday, November 19, 2007

Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God!

I was just, not an hour ago, driving home from a meeting, thinking that it's actually kind of nice to be done with baseball, to have all that baseball bandwidth free for other things, and that I was even pretty calm about Mike Lowell, I mean, if he goes, he goes, that's the way it is, or so I thought an hour ago.

Then M just called me from school and told me they'd signed Mike Lowell, and my response is memorialized in the title to this post, though words can't quite capture the squeals. It's actually not quite so definitive (ah, sixth graders and the transmission of information), but it's looking good.

I guess I do care. And I'm really really happy. And so is M.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The kiddo and I were very excited to read this in the paper this morning! (The paper also says it's not finalized and attributes it to anonymous sources who are familiar with the negotiations, but we're still psyched.)

And A-Rod is staying with the Yankees, which makes Lowell staying with the Sox more likely, and means (most importantly) that the Sox will not sign A-Rod.

Yay!