Friday, February 02, 2007

Chips Off the Old Bookcase

M, E, and I are going on a plane this afternoon. Along with Teddy, Samantha, colored pencils, journals, Sudoku books, math workbooks, gameboy, and iPods (M has Cousin T's handmedown Shuffle, and E doesn't know I'm bringing S's along for her), M has four books (a Childhood of Famous Americans biography of Mary Todd Lincoln, two volumes of Royal Ballet School Diaries, and Calvin Trillin's The Tummy Trilogy) and E has three (Winter Days in the Big Woods, By The Shores of Plum Creek, and Three-Minute Stories: Fairy Tales). I have two: Prime and The Inheritance of Love.

I would love my kids just as much if they were vastly different from me; in fact, it would probably be kind of exciting. But I do love the ways they are like me.

I'll be back when we're back.

[Note: Those aren't just supplies for the plane! They're for the weekend in a house that no longer has much in the way of toys, though it does have lots of games and a very devoted teenager. Still, it's always good to be prepared.]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Safe, fruitful journey!

landismom said...

Wishing you a good trip!