Tuesday, February 06, 2007

A Few Cultural Notes

I had no idea we owned Tacky the Penguin until E pulled it out of the bookshelf a few weeks ago. In fact, I'd never even heard of it. But I am now quite certain that it is the origin of Happy Feet: the oddball penguin saves the good penguins from the evil humans--and the penguins sing!

Call me a self-hating Jew, or just call me a Jewish mother who sits in the dark, but I think this is hilarious. [link from Phantom]

Come on, admit it, you're loving the astronaut love triangle story.

2 comments:

Jenny Davidson said...

Not often that you see a woman in the national news who in the two DIFFERENT pictures accompanying the article is wearing what amounts to a jumpsuit!

Phantom Scribbler said...

I hate myself for loving it, I tell you.

(And I'm reading it covertly, in case one of my kids should wander over and demand to read the story about the astronauts. Damn their NASA-recognition skills!)