Monday, March 12, 2007

Early Daylight Savings

My kids had been getting up too early with the sun rising at six. Now it's light at seven, when we have to get up on schooldays. Yesterday the early evening light was glorious, especially conjoined with the day's sunshine and almost-warmth. Count me a supporter. (Though I might feel differently if I was still in No Longer Red State, which is at the other end of the time zone, but actually I don't think so, because late afternoon light would fully make up for early morning darkness.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The light last night was spectacular, hot pink and orange sunset that lasted quite a while. This morning, while it was harder to get out of bed, it was much easier to go to work with the sun just beginning to peek above the rooftops (again, hot pink and orange sunrise). The past month has been a morning agony for me to leave my sunny, bright kitchen and go to work. I'm thinking this is good.