Saturday, January 13, 2007

Entering the Future

E is away on her first sleepover. I am verklempt.

(For those who are not keeping track, E turned six a few weeks ago. M went on her first sleepover at nine. E and her best friend Other E [not to be confused with M's best friend Other E] have been asking for a sleepover for months. Other E's mom is as lame as I am, so it hasn't happened. This evening we were over at Other E's house and as we were getting ready to leave, E asked once again when they could have a sleepover. One thing led to another, and now they're having a sleepover. I actually think this was a good way to do it, since she didn't have time to get anxious in advance, though I'm not convinced we won't see her till tomorrow. But now I have to adjust so quickly!)

Edited to add: She made it!

No comments: