Monday, January 15, 2007

I Have a Dream

I asked the girls if they wanted to read Martin Luther Kings* "I Have a Dream" speech. E said we should read it and write our own "I Have a Dream" speeches. We found this site, where you can both read and watch it. E read the first three "I have a dream" paragraphs to me, and then we watched the beginning of the video and the end. Don't think this story is too idyllic: she thought it was boring, though she did listen intently when freedom started ringing. Then she wrote her speech. I think I'll leave it at that.


*Something is screwed up in my Blogger and I cant make an apostophe--every time I hit apostrophe, I get Quick Find--anyone know what I should do?

3 comments:

Phantom Scribbler said...

My goodness, E is literate and thoughtful. LG listened to the speech, too, but his response was to write "Martin Luther King" on a piece of paper and hang it on our front door.

Dawn said...

(When I'm having keyboard issues, I copy and paste from somewhere else as a go-around.)

CecilyK said...

Yes! That happens to me all the time! Hit that little window button between the CTRL and the ALT. That makes it stop. :) Took me FOREVER to figure that out.