Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Thank Goodness

Looks like Kerry is out. Honestly, at this point I'm leaning toward Edwards. I like his focus on poverty and class. I voted for him last time too. I wish Obama would wait. The JFK comparison is not apt: Kennedy had been in the House for many years before he was elected to the Senate. State legislature and then two years in the Senate does not seem like sufficient experience. I think I could get pretty excited if Al Gore ran, though I wasn't excited about him last time. Now that he has relaxed into himself and returned to his passions, he seems like a real person, not an automaton, and a real person who is very smart and has good ideas. I'll vote for Hillary if I have to. She seems to be a great senator, and she's been a big hit in New York. I wish she'd be satisfied with that.

All sentiments subject to change.

Except for my complete and utter loathing of Mitt Romney.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

What you said. Every last bit of it.

postacademic said...

Over here, b.f. is working on the Edwards campaign because getting a democrat into the White House in 2008 is paramount, and she thinks Edwards has the best chance of doing so. She even came up with a dream line-up, which sounds pretty good to me: Edwards, Obama (V.P.), and Clinton (Secretary of State). It'll be hard for me not to vote for Clinton in a primary, so I'm undecided as yet.