Sunday, January 07, 2007

A Little Light Knitting

Or should that be A Little Night Knitting? (Not quite sure why, but somehow that needed to be said.)

I am finally catching up with the rest of the knitosphere and assaying Clapotis (for evidence of the internet knitter Clapotis obsession, and my belatedness, see here, here, and my favorite here).

As of this evening, post M's homework, I am entering my second round of straight rows, which means I have completed 12 rounds of increase and dropped once, and of all my readers (whatever readers there may still be out there), I'm guessing only Libby has a clue as to what I'm talking about.

Let me just say, however, and I think you only need to be able to read to appreciate my pain, that I started the Clapotis eight times. Yes: 8. That was after going to three knitting stores before I found yarn of the proper weight and variegation. While several of the re-starts took place after just a few rows, because conceptualizing the thing was well-nigh impossible until I'd done it many times, I started over once after four inches, which was profoundly demoralizing. Even now I have traumatic moments of miscounted stitches, though I have reached the point where I can recover from just about anything, though I still don't believe that mine is going to look anything like the beauties in the pictures. If I ever finish it.

1 comment:

Libby said...

it will be lovely, truly. and you will forget your pain in its glorious beauty.

Thanks for linking to that "thirteen ways," by the way. It's still good.