Saturday, January 20, 2007

Friday Night Movies

E: Pollyworld. The Polly Pocket movie. M found it for E in the movie store and then was disdainful of it and then was as mesmerized as E. I thought I had nothing to say about it, except then I caught the last few minutes, and the one thing I have to say is Josie and the Pussycats.

M and I: Groundhog Day. When we picked my dad up last night, there was nowhere to pull up, so we drove around the block three times before he came out. The third time around, as we came up to the side of the building, M squealed: "Mom! See those people coming out of the building? They came out the exact same door last time we drove by!" We both found this hilarious, and I immediately thought of Groundhog Day. "M," I said, "there's a movie about that! Let's rent it!" (I am quick to the draw when it comes to my long-term project of expanding M's cinematic horizons.)

How great is Groundhog Day? So great. All I remembered was him stepping in the puddle, and that eventually he became good and made it to the next day. So I was discovering the movie again too. E vacillated between totally into it and "this is boring," M loved it except for when he kept killing himself, and they both thought the puddle was hilarious. I completely enjoyed it, especially the Bill Murrayness of Bill Murray. I thought about 50 Great Dates and It's a Wonderful Life. I noticed how back in the 90s, movies had a lot less product placement. But mainly I enjoyed it. And I so enjoyed enjoying a real movie with my kids!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Groundhog Day. Just great stuff!