Monday, January 02, 2006

Today

This was the day I thought we'd have many times this vacation, but didn't. Instead of schlepping and shopping and peopling and partying, we stayed home. E didn't leave the house. I went running and then didn't leave the house. M went to the park with A-R, but aside from that didn't leave the house.

There was one morning fight, but then copacetic joint playing. I cleaned the house, knowing there would be no more influx of wrapping paper and presents to destroy it in moments. We started sewing projects and made blogs. E, J, and A-R came over and the children did their childrenly things while E and I tinkered with E's blog, painted our toenails, and discussed the general state of things (I noted one of our favorite topics, but I think the subject of that topic may be reading this blog, so I deleted).

Laundry is done, house is clean, one child is asleep and the other is going soon, tomorrow they will be off to school, and the rest of my life will begin, as it does every day.

No comments: